Thursday, September 27, 2012

Got a call today from a LIVE Republican pollster------------

Usually we get the very annoying robo-calls, but today a live man called and asked if I had a few moments to answer some questions. 
I said, "Are you a Republican?"
 He said, "yes." 
I said, "I'm not, I am a Southern, Liberal, yellow-dog, Clintonian Democrat. and if you still want to talk, go right ahead." 
He says, "Why? Do you like the way this country is headed?"
I said , "No, not all of the way it's headed."
He asked, "What do you find to like?"
I said, "ACA, the Dream Act, keeping student loan rates reasonable, the programs to Make Homes Affordable and curb foreclosures, education reform."  "We should get out of those useless wars of choice too.  Obama is a lot more Centrist than I would like, but hey , in the next four years he can finish what he has started by creating jobs programs, which I believe is the key to getting the country back on track economically."
There was a brief silence--------"YOU are to the left of Obama?"
"Yes."
He said, "OH NO!"

We both started laughing, and I said, "You cast your vote and I'll cast my vote and then we will see how the country will be headed."

He ended on a big laugh----------so did I.

Ain't America great?  I love that Virginia is a swing state--------Obama will probably sweep Va. much to the chagrin of a LOT of other Virginians.

3 comments:

  1. Clintonian Democrats are Right of Obama. Not Left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obama is about as centrist as was Roosevelt.

      Oops that's right they are both progressives to the max.

      Delete