Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where did Hollywood go wrong?

The recent Layoffs at the Tonight Show with Joy Leno got me to thinking. I used to be a huge fan of late night tv. I even appreciated their political humor even when(most of the time) it was directed at the Republican party. But somewhere along the line, it turned from comedy to a political agenda. (I'm going to ignore the MSM for now because I think we all pretty much agree what's going on there and the source of their low numbers) Comedy routines turned in to vindictive snarky little skits and monologues. Maybe funny to those sitting in a coffee cafe in a major coastal city in a faux intellect way, but out of touch with many other parts of America. The activism has gone way past late night television and in to the Hollywood establishment. I will never watch a Sean Penn movie again, ditto Morgan Freeman and many others. Hollywood wonders why its revenue numbers are down. The numbers should be up HUGE in a time of recession. With people staying home and not going on vacation or expensive ball parks etc. A ten dollar ticket is cheap entertainment for the afternoon. But middle America is boycotting actors. Middle America is boycotting gratuitous sex and violence. Middle America's values don't match Hollywood's values. The liberal elite will snicker over their latte's at how backward and unsophisticated American's are in the "red states". Meanwhile, entities offering wholesome entertainment are thriving. It's a silent majority. Yes they are out there. Regardless of your position on gay rights, you have to be impressed with the turnout at Chik-fil-A. Hollywood caters to mankinds primal instincts. Glutony, Sex, Greed. If Hollywood practiced what it preached, there would be no starving artists living in their cars.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you and totally agree. To poke fun at politics is great however when it becomes a political agenda, I turn it off. I no longer ever watch the weather and get it from the weather channel to avoid the MSM.

    Hollywood can keep their agenda along with their movies. Let them starve in California riding their bullet train to no where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lou - I agree with you. I do everything I can to avoid the MSM news. I still watch my "shows", but I record them and buzz through any commercials.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you Live.


    The most overdone synarrios are:
    white male = evil (he is the rapist, wife beater, lazy good for nothing, crooked)

    Woman especially a non-white woman (smart, top of her class, can take down a man twice her size)

    blacks - people of power (Chief sergeant, all knowing Judge, Chief of police, the only one of integrity)

    heterosexual male ( evil, violent, did not get pass third grade)

    Christian (uneducated, drunks, evil as they are stereotyp hypocrites,- and they are almost always white)


    ReplyDelete