Sunday, November 4, 2012

What will you do?

Nobody here will be entirely satisfied with the outcome of the election. Obama has established what he will do and Romney and Ryan have generically said they will be the third helping of Reagan with details to be given later. Neither party, IMO, has even publicly identified what I believe is very near the heart of the problem. I hear and read enormous, bitter and often truly hateful discourse said of both parties and this campaign has been full of ads that are outright lies meant to scare people. And it's working. Just as I have identified an ingrained failure in both parties, I have to admit seeing in failure in what we do here. I was in the group complaining and bitching on marketwatch before coming here and not surprisingly, that didn't change the world and for those of you who are 180 degrees in view from me, your words online didn't change anything either and if you voted for Republicans in the mid terms, that didn't change anything either.

So, what now? None of us are going to get what we want in this election. What is your plan B to change the world? Like Romney, I need to post mine later as it is time to leave for work

11 comments:

  1. If Obama is re-elected, I will apply for SS and throw in the towel. If Romney is elected and it becomes business friendly I will fire up the business again and go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty easy without intervention from the EPA and the government.

      Delete
    2. louman,

      Good luck with the latter. For us, it looks like my spouse's small business revenue is going to be about half of last year. We simply have no reason to anticipate an improvement if Obama gets re-elected. With Romney, there is a glimmer of 'we'll-see' hope.

      Jean

      Delete
    3. Jean,
      The EPA cost me 250K which drained my companies reserve. I would be willing to fire it up again however without the government over reach.

      Sorry about your revenue issue. It's most difficult for small business in a recessionary environment.

      Delete
    4. Yikes!

      Yes, it's difficult. Especially with businesses that rely on discretionary spending.

      Jean

      Delete
  2. "Obama has established what he will do and Romney and Ryan have generically said they will be the third helping of Reagan with details "

    Really? What's he going to do? I haven't heard one new idea! All he's done is tell lies about his opponent.

    PLEASE PROVIDE THE DETAILS OF THE CURRENT OBAMA PLAN TO TURN AROUND THE ECONOMY,

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ask for details for a turn around, I give you expansion of the status quo:

      http://vimeo.com/52009124

      Delete
  3. I will turn my phone back on, put the landline back on the hook (yes, I still have one) and watch tv again. I will go on taking care of those I care about and not look to either major Party to really represent our interests.

    Once the President of Ohio has been elected, things'll hopefully return to semi-normal ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recorded the Political ads. Should you miss them I can provide a copy.

      Delete
    2. LOL!!!

      Lou, I used to like you. Now I'm just worried about ya ...

      ;-)

      Delete