Friday, June 27, 2014

Here is a Novel Campaign Tactic

The robot takeover has begun, at least according to Timothy Ray Murray, who lost the election for Oklahoma’s 3rd district (obtaining just 5.2 percent of the vote) to incumbent Frank Lucas (R). Murray is now planning to challenge the election results, on the grounds that his opponent has been replaced by a robot body double.


Murray’s Web site notes that “The election for U.S. House for Oklahoma’s 3rd District will be contested by the Candidate, Timothy Ray Murray. I will be stating that his votes are switched with Rep. Lucas votes, because it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike. Rep. Lucas’ look alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011.”


(Lucas told news channel KFOR that he had never in fact been to Ukraine. He also observed: “Many things have been said about me, said to me during course of my campaigns. This is the first time I’ve ever been accused of being a body double or a robot.”)


Murray’s Web site goes on to reassure us that: “I, Timothy Ray Murray, am a human, born in Oklahoma, and obtained and continue to fully meet the requirements to serve as U.S. Representative when honored to so.  I will never use a look alike…” This makes me wonder. “I’m definitely a human,” like “I am very suave and good at talking to people,” is the sort of statement that seems untrue the instant you say it.

4 comments:

  1. I assume this is some kind of joke. No sane person would come up with this excuse as a serious proposal to the voters, unless he thinks the voters are as crazy as he is. Robots, next it will be zombies.

    ReplyDelete