Monday, May 16, 2016

You Mean The New York Times Lied?

A woman who dated Donald Trump said early Monday that The New York Times "spun" her comments for an article about the presumptive Republican presidential nominee's treatment of women, adding that he always treated her respectfully.  
“He never made me feel like I was being demeaned in any way,” Rowanne Brewer Lane said on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends.”
“He never offended me in any way,” the former model added. "He was very gracious. I saw him around all types of people, all types of women. He was very kind, thoughtful, generous. I did not have a negative experience with Donald Trump.”
The Times on Sunday published an article documenting Trump’s past behavior with women.
The newspaper’s report said that the outspoken billionaire both nurtured women’s careers and demeaned their appearance, creating a “complex, at times contradictory portrait.”
Lane on Monday said the Times had distorted her account of the time she spent as Trump’s companion.
“The New York Times told us several times that they would make sure that my story I was telling would come across,” she said.
“They told me and my manager several times that it would not be a hit piece and that my story would come across in the way I was telling it and accurately. It absolutely was not. I don’t appreciate them making it look like it was a negative experience,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment