Tuesday, May 24, 2016

“I am here to tell you that every little act counts."


A great speech by Armando Valladares

“I am here to tell you that every little act counts. No man or woman is too small or simple to be called to bear witness to the truth. I’m here to remind you that each of you possesses great wealth in the sacred domain of your conscience. And I’m here to tell you that each of you is called to stay true. I am also here to tell you that when you make that choice, from that moment forward, even if you are naked, in solitary confinement for eight years, you are never alone because God is there with you. 
“For many of you, particularly the young people, it may seem I come from a faraway land from a long time ago. Young friends, you may not be taken away at gunpoint, as I was for staying true to my conscience, but there are many other ways to take you away and to imprison your body and your mind. There are many ways you can be silenced, in your schools, your universities, in your workplace.”

 http://www.worldmag.com/2016/05/a_great_speech_by_armando_valladares





 

No comments:

Post a Comment